My Blog List

Monday, February 20, 2012

won't get fooled again

My friend Marian gave me some advice on Photography; "try to get 1 shot that tells the whole story".  Well I think this one qualifies. If you came the Pinecrest Gardens Farmers Market on Sunday hoping to  photograph Food Network " Stars"  this is what you likely got .   An army of Production Assistants  policed the area telling everyone " no Cameras no pictures , NO PICTURES !! , How ever Roseanne Person was able to" Clearly" get a  picture of Bobby Flays right leg !!
I was not much a fan of "The Who"  but as I drove away from the market this Sunday , an old song came to mind . I felt foolish    , The Classic song is not an Anti-War Anthem , its more a statement that;( actions and events can have results we cannot predict. Don't expect to see what you expect to see. Expect nothing and you might gain everything. The song was meant to let politicians and revolutionaries alike know that what lay in the centre of my life was not for sale) .  Being fooled is more about personal expectations .  Prior to this event  I had visions of large crowds, great Sale$ and TV !!  In the end  I salvaged a story and a life lesson.  
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

2 comments:

  1. We caught a glimpse of the back of Alton Brown's head as he was whisked away in his big limo. No way to appease fans. I htink I am going to boycott Food Network!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my only hope is I'm caught on camera quickly packing up and LEAVING , next event I'll weed my garden .

    ReplyDelete